MANUAL 5SP - A POP, NOW GEARS WON'T ENGAGE

2005 Saturn Vue

saturnvue2005srca

September, 24, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

Last month I had my clutch and slave cylinder replaced due to a hydrolic fluid leak. Car has been running great since then. Then today at a stop light I went to shift into gear and go. There was a pop and the engine just rev'd. Somehow I made it across the intersection and coasted to the side of the road. NO visible fluid leaking, stick shift seem normal, clutch seems normal, no gear - 1st, 2nd, reverse works. When the car is in gear engine revs but kinds sounds like a vaccuum thats belt broke, revs normal sounding when not in gear.

September, 24, 2012 AT 10:56 PM

Either the clutch has failed or one of the drive axle is dislodged or broken.

saturntech9

September, 24, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

When you shift thru all the gears is the linkage on the transmission moving?

saturntech9

September, 24, 2012 AT 10:59 PM

If first second and reverse works like they said doesn't sound like a clutch or axle.

saturnvue2005srca

September, 25, 2012 AT 4:20 AM

A friend who is a mechanic was able to look at the car tonight. The left axle came out and needs to be put back in. We're going to replace the axle since it's not too expensive and to prevent it from happening again. Thanks : )

saturntech9

September, 25, 2012 AT 4:31 AM

Thats strange since you said 1st 2nd and reverse worked and the others didnt work.

saturnvue2005srca

September, 25, 2012 AT 4:45 AM

Actually I said. "No gear - 1st, 2nd, reverse works". I can see how it could be confusing the way I worded it.

September, 25, 2012 AT 5:54 AM

When we read questions, we need to feel it as well as understand what has been written and quite often a crystal ball is required. I got one that works 50 % of the time.

Saturntech9, if you have a crystal ball to spare, let me know.

Have a nice day.

saturntech9

September, 25, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

Actual my crystal ball is in the shop and the parts on back order. The same problem when I worked at the saturn dealer lol.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Replace Muffler
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter