MORE TROUBLE CODES, HELP!!

• ethan10502
  • 2005 Saturn Ion

Previously I hade a misfire code and rough engine perfoormance so I changed the Plugs, Coil Pack, and ICM. The car runs fine now, but then I got a Catalytic code which was the basis of my previous question which you guys recommended I replace the Catalytic Converter which I did. Now I have a PO106 DTC, which is a Manifold Pressure problem. It seems like everytime I try to fix a problem, more just popup. I am tired of this snowballing effect. Can you please help. Thank you.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 11:59 PM

• ASEMaster6371

When you tuned it up. Make sure you did not disturb the connector for the map sensor.

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 12:02 AM
  • ethan10502

The thing is, after I installed the converter I cleared that code for it. Then I test drove the car around but didnt get the check engine light on, I just decided to run a scan on the OBDII to see if anything would show, and sure enough the PO106 showed up. But I was leaning and pushing down on the engine and parts while trying to get to the bolts for the converter, so you think I could have loosened it or damaged it? Thanks

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 12:30 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Converter is on the bottom. I would think it would have been from the tune up end of the repair.

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 12:32 AM
  • ethan10502

The way the saturn is setup is that its easier to reach the bolts for the convetrter from the top of the engine. And I had the car jacked up so I was leaning on top of the engine most of the time. Do you think there could be a vacuum leak somewhere?

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 12:59 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Sure could be as that is how the map sensor works.

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 1:05 AM
  • saturntech9

Just to ads to this one does your scan tool read live data?

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 3:09 AM
  • ethan10502

I have the cheap one from harbor freight. But I think it does a live scan because it has freeze frame data.

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 5:53 PM
  • saturntech9

Whats the model number?

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 8:24 PM
  • ethan10502

Not sure what the model is but this is the one.

Monday, September 24th, 2012 AT 4:35 PM
  • saturntech9

Thats just a basic code reader for 50 you could have gotten one that reads live data also on amazon.I was asking so you could check to see what the sensors were reading. How long agodid you buy it?You have up to 90 days you can return it.

Monday, September 24th, 2012 AT 5:02 PM