MORE TROUBLE CODES, HELP!!

2005 Saturn Ion

ethan10502

September, 22, 2012 AT 11:59 PM

Previously I hade a misfire code and rough engine perfoormance so I changed the Plugs, Coil Pack, and ICM. The car runs fine now, but then I got a Catalytic code which was the basis of my previous question which you guys recommended I replace the Catalytic Converter which I did. Now I have a PO106 DTC, which is a Manifold Pressure problem. It seems like everytime I try to fix a problem, more just popup. I am tired of this snowballing effect. Can you please help. Thank you.

September, 23, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

When you tuned it up. Make sure you did not disturb the connector for the map sensor.

ethan10502

September, 23, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

The thing is, after I installed the converter I cleared that code for it. Then I test drove the car around but didnt get the check engine light on, I just decided to run a scan on the OBDII to see if anything would show, and sure enough the PO106 showed up. But I was leaning and pushing down on the engine and parts while trying to get to the bolts for the converter, so you think I could have loosened it or damaged it? Thanks

September, 23, 2012 AT 12:32 AM

Converter is on the bottom. I would think it would have been from the tune up end of the repair.

ethan10502

September, 23, 2012 AT 12:59 AM

The way the saturn is setup is that its easier to reach the bolts for the convetrter from the top of the engine. And I had the car jacked up so I was leaning on top of the engine most of the time. Do you think there could be a vacuum leak somewhere?

September, 23, 2012 AT 1:05 AM

Sure could be as that is how the map sensor works.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2012 AT 3:09 AM

Just to ads to this one does your scan tool read live data?

ethan10502

September, 23, 2012 AT 5:53 PM

I have the cheap one from harbor freight. But I think it does a live scan because it has freeze frame data.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

Whats the model number?

ethan10502

September, 24, 2012 AT 4:35 PM

Not sure what the model is but this is the one.

saturntech9

September, 24, 2012 AT 5:02 PM

Thats just a basic code reader for 50 you could have gotten one that reads live data also on amazon.I was asking so you could check to see what the sensors were reading. How long agodid you buy it?You have up to 90 days you can return it.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen