MULTIPLE ISSUES

2005 Pontiac Vibe

rbasly

Multiple issues.
1. Ever since putting in new Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs, they keep blowing the low beams out. They only seem to last about 6 months and it happens on both side, not at the same time but usually one or the other will blow in about 6 or so months, and no I'm not touching the bulb. I've gone through 3 set of new bulbs, 2 of which were covered under Slyvania's 1 year warranty. Any idea's? I was thinking the bulb are getting too much voltage or a spike, maybe the day time running light switch is not dimming the light as much as it should be, causing premature wear out. Any way, the bulb tend to blow out when starting the car, I can park with them working then the next time I start the car one will be blown.

2. Car will start with high idle as usual but then as the car is warming up about midway, it will get a real low idle and start to miss, then after the car warms up a bit more it runs fine. Problem only happens in cold weather.

3. Lastly, I also have the recirculation module or gear problem which causes a clicking when the button is not lit. This seems to be a common issue with the vibe, maybe GM should fix this as a recall since it's an obvious defective GM part and not a Toyota part. Anyway, maybe I should just fix it myself and do a small claims suit against GM. Hey anyone want to start a class action suit? If so, let me know and I'll sign on.

January, 30, 2013 AT 2:12 AM

1. Headlights draw too much current and burn out early. Check the connectors for burning terminals.

2. Check the idle air control motor for proper operation

3. That motor is a common failure on all brands including toyota. Will never be a recall as it is not a safety issue.

DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX