Low Tire Indicator Warning Light On how to reset it
2005 PONTIAC VIBE
Low Tire Indicator Warning Light On
How to reset it
have the same problem?
Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 AT 12:15 AM
If the tire is filled with air it should reset itself.
1. Set the tire pressure of all wheels to pressure specified on the tire and loading information label.
2. With the vehicle stopped and parking brake applied, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks 3 times at one second intervals. See Fig. 1.
NOTE: If the tire pressure warning light does not blink, perform the initialization again. If light still does not blink, there is a problem in the TPM system. See
appropriate manufacturer service information.
4. Drive the vehicle at 19 MPH (30 KM/H) or more to complete the initialization (it takes about one hour). Vehicle should be driven under the following conditions:
? The vehicle speed is between 31 62 MPH (50 100 KM/H).
? The roads are dry, smooth and straight.
? The number of passengers is 1 or 2 (including driver).
5. To verify the system has been initialized, check the length of time the tire pressure warning light is on after turning the ignition switch to the ON position. Light will stay on for 3 seconds if system is initialized, or 4
seconds if system is not initialized.