SPEDOMETER, FUEL GAUGE AND AC ARE NOT WORKING. AUTO TRANSMISSION LIMPS INTO NEXT GEAR.

2005 Pontiac Grand Am

pontiac2005

September, 5, 2011 AT 9:13 PM

Car sat for about 3 months. It was started a couple times in the beginning but hasn't been touched for about 2 weeks. Went to start it, interior lights worked but when I went to start it, everything went black. Took battery out and got new one. They said it had a bad cell. Put new one in and it started right up without problems. Then I noticed fuel gauge reading empty but I knew it had gas. Turned on AC and it never got cold. Took for a ride and noticed no speedometer and the odometer wasn't changing. Then transmission limped into 2nd gear at 5,000 RPM. Limped into all the other gears as well every time. Service Engine Soon light is on. Any ideas?

Fuel Gauge Not Working

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work

Jacobandnickolas

September, 6, 2011 AT 2:59 AM

Have the computer scanned to identify trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free. Also, check for a bad ground to the engine block from the battery. It may have corroded while sitting. Check wiring at the main power distribution block under the hood and check fuses there too.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon