MY CAR/ENGINE SHAKES

2005 Pontiac Grand Am

cooperraheemrocketmailcom

October, 12, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

After I gotten my thermostat and water pump changed due to overheating and coolant leaking. A past mechanic said my thermostat needed to be changed due to the car over heating but I never gotten it fixed til my car overheated and leaked coolant and wasn't drive able no more. So I called a family friend to come get me and the car. He agreed to fix it but made me buy a water pump and a thermostat. It turned out that the water pump need to be changed like now. Lol But it is now fixed but now the engine sounds funny and louder and trembles I wanna say. What could possibly be the problem now.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

What size engine do you have?

cooperraheemrocketmailcom

October, 12, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

2.2

cooperraheemrocketmailcom

October, 12, 2012 AT 1:05 AM

Can you call me I could explain it better in detail how it sound or let you hear it. 215-605-0183

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 1:22 AM

We dont call people on here its strictly online help only. So it ran fine before the water pump change?Is it missing or just vibrating?Also when he changed the water pump did he use the water pump special holding tool or how did he change it?

cooperraheemrocketmailcom

October, 12, 2012 AT 1:39 AM

Water pump is in and yes it was running perfect and now it vibrates kinda heavily and feels funny and feels faster but I don't know what he used but he did say he needed to go get a tool for the water pump.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

If its just vibrating then maybe a loose or bad engine mount. Or possibly a miss timed balancer shafts from replacing the water pump incorrectly.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8