CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE WITH MY FUEL GAUGE SHOWING IMPROPER READINGS???

2005 Pontiac Bonneville

ibdarobman

December, 16, 2011 AT 6:18 PM

My fuel gauge gives an improper reading even after I've put gas in it. Sometimes it shows have full when there's less that that much gas in it. It sometimes shows just above empty when I've put 6 to 8 gallons in it.

factoryjack

December, 16, 2011 AT 6:31 PM

Most often it is related to the sending unit, and the fingers on the float arm that contact the resistance card. This higher than specified resistance will cause erroneous readings in the fuel gauge, and it can relate to how much fuel is sloshing around in the tank. Replace the sending unit, accessible through an access panel in the trunk, under the floor carpet panel.

cadieman

December, 16, 2011 AT 6:35 PM

Youll need to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel tank sending unit.I would replace the fuel pump whyll in there. Ty for using 2carpros

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L