. MY 2005 ARMADA IS THROWING CODES B1177 PRE TEN...

2005 Nissan Armada

Buffy123456

November, 25, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

Hi. My 2005 Armada is throwing codes B1177 (pre ten RH) and B1182 (pre ten LH). From what I have found by looking on the Internet, they appear to be problems with the seat belts. It is interesting to me that they would both be throwing codes. Any suggestions? Thanks!

November, 25, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

Chart shows the codes with explanation of what could possibly cause them.

Was anything done prior to this occurring? If the problem had been there for some time, there is a possibility that one failed before the other. If the seats were removed, it is possible the wires were not reconnected.

homer1967

November, 25, 2012 AT 11:57 PM

Possible bad seat belt pre-tensioners, has the vehicle been wrecked? If not check the wiring at both pre-tensioners under the seats, look for any breaks or rubbing wires, also check the plug connections

Buffy123456

November, 26, 2012 AT 8:41 AM

This vehicle has never been in an accident. I noticed the light on about 2 weeks ago and was waiting for my brother to bring his scanner over to check it. Nothing was done prior to this occurring. In addition, the seats have never been removed. I do appreciate all of your help!

homer1967

November, 27, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

You are welcome.I would inspect the plug, harness and wireing under the seat. And if they are all good, you probably need new pre-tensioners

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon