WEIRD SOUNDS AFTER EVERY SHIFT

2005 Nissan 350Z

ali_timon

Ever since I got the car second hand at ever shift a turbo like sound can be heard and its starting to get weird because no one can tell me the reason!
when I shift from 1st to 2nd at 40 or 30 kph as I let go of the clutch and the gas peddle a weird sound like a whistle sound can be heard. At first I thought to my self its cool but now im so curious as my brother told me it could be dangerous. Basically any gear I shift to and let go of the clutch it does a turbo sound like shift and as I drive its gone! But once my foot is off the gas its sounds again and stays there till I apply little pressure on the gas!

please help me solve this issue! Thank you

You can start by checking the clutch assembly-could be the release and pilot bearings, clutch pressure or disc plate-

fixitmr

Does it have a turbo?

fixitmr

Does it make sound stopped at idle when you rev and let off?

ali_timon

February, 5, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

While stopped at idle it comes right after a rev.
No its not a turbo. The car is stock
i highly doubt its the disc break! Its still there

fixitmr

February, 8, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

Could be an air leak somewhere on engine or hvac system? But why worry? It will either get better or worse or stay the same over time. You didn't say where you thought sound was coming from?

ali_timon

February, 8, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

The exhaust is where I think the sound comes from.