NO ACCELERATION

2005 Nissan 350Z

sltaylor6187

May, 25, 2011 AT 10:33 PM

I have a 2005 Nissan 350Z 6 speed manual. Today while driving on the highway the car suddenly slowed down and would not accelerate. I pulled over and when I came to a stop it stalled. I started the car back up again and tried pressing the gas pedal and it bogged down and stalled again. The car will start and idle (idling is rough). I had not had any previous problems however lately I have noticed a slight knocking sound when sitting and idling. I am thinking possibly a bad throttle position sensor or a bad mass air flow sensor. Any suggestions? Trying to avoid bringing it to the dealer for diagnostics.

May, 26, 2011 AT 2:33 PM

Diagnostics have to be performed to locatre the cause. Without any troubleshooting, it is impossible to provide any suggestions.

Is the Check Engine Light indicating and have you tried to retrieve for trouble codes?

ali_timon

November, 15, 2011 AT 9:01 AM

Dude I have the same problem and its the same car same model! I had the wires checked and also a computer check and it turns out the air flow sensors have a faulty error! But I replaced it with another cars air intake. Still the same problem

but try to remove the battery for 10 mins and putting it back which will restart the ECU and it should work! If it does then we have the same probelm
but try this and let me kno what happens

sltaylor6187

November, 15, 2011 AT 2:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. The issue with my car ended up being the mass air flow sensor. I replaced it with a Jet performance one and have not had an issue since.

ali_timon

November, 27, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

Ive sent my car to get all the wiring replaced hopefully it works and if it doesnt then this is the problem! Thnx

ali_timon

November, 27, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

Can you tell me how much was the jet air flow sensor for?

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L