THE FREON IS LEAKING AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ...

• gmike35
  • 2005 Lincoln Town Car

The freon is leaking and have not been able to find the leak, we have filled it three times and check the lines and everywhere visible. I have been told that it is leaking in the Evaporator Core (Box) and it should be replaced and since it is so old replace the Accumulator at the same time.
I have not been able to find or figure out what to remove to replace the evaporator, it is a very small area and does the accumulator need to be replaced also? Can you assist?

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 5:06 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Did anyone put dye in the system?

The bottom of the dryer is a common leak point.

EVAPORATOR CORE

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The evaporator core is not separately serviceable. It is serviced only with the evaporator core housing assembly.
Replacement of the suction accumulator is not required when repairing the refrigerant system except when there is physical evidence of system contamination from a failed A/C compressor or damage to the suction accumulator.
If an evaporator core leak is suspected, the evaporator core must be leak tested before it is removed from the vehicle.

Remove the evaporator core housing.
Transfer the components from the old evaporator core housing to the new evaporator core housing.
Install the evaporator core housing.

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 5:09 PM
  • gmike35

Thanks, Yes, we used dye. I guess my next step is to do what you have advised and get the Evaporator Core leak tested.

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 5:14 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

You can check the ac drain for any dye at the hose

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 5:16 PM