WHILE DRIVING THE INSIDE FAN AND CLIMATE UNIT ...

2005 Kia Sorento

chinorodriguez

February, 9, 2013 AT 6:59 PM

While Driving, the inside Fan and climate unit turned on at full blast, also noticed it seemed to turn on A/C - the buttons seem not to control functions but the A/C button has a light and it does go on and off when I press it, the fan control button also seems to work because it shows the levels of blower speed, but unit just is stuck on "ON" and blowing at full blast with A/C on, now I can not shut it down, turn car off all turns off, turn car on and unit comes on at full blast, I know that if a fuse blows the unit should react as to not turn on, but what the heck is wrong with it when it won't shut down. What in the world causes the reverse action and How do I fix it. A Fuse? Because I did not hit a bump or anything I was on Highway with all shut off and air vents open to accept outside air and no fan on, then pow it turned on at full blast.

February, 9, 2013 AT 9:02 PM

It sounds like the control unit for the hvac system. Have a shop monitor it on a scan tool to verify the erractic commands.

chinorodriguez

February, 9, 2013 AT 9:05 PM

Okay, but how is it fixed? Or how does one fix it?

chinorodriguez

February, 9, 2013 AT 9:07 PM

Let me say it another way, is it something I can do (like swap out a fuse or relay or some switch) without bringing it to a shop or is that it I must take it to a shop?

drb0213

November, 4, 2013 AT 8:19 AM

I have the exact same problem with my 2004 Sorento. The Climate Control Blower Fan will not shut off while the car is on. When the car is off, the blower is off. When I start the car again, the blower is on again. I can control all other functions, heat level, AC, blower speed (to a point). I just can't shut off the fan while the car is on. Did you find the solution to your problem?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro