HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A SECOND HAND KIA CARENS 2

2005 Kia Carens

katu

Hi,
Have recently bought a second hand kia carens 2.0 diesel crdi. It lets off intermittent buzzing alarm type noises. I thought it was to do with a dying battery. I replaced the battery last week but the problem persists. I thought it was something to do with the immobilizer but I don't think so. If I leave the door opened there is a 'dinging' sound - thats fine. The buzzing noise is loud and aggressive. I don't know what it is. Please help! Coz people think i'm stealing my own car!

We don't know what noise it is and it is best to refer to someone familiar with cars to have a look and tell you what it is.

katu

January, 10, 2013 AT 10:07 AM

Thanks,
Anyone who has one of these cars will know the noise. When locking the car with the key/remote, it gives a sharp buzz to let you know the car has locked. Except in my case it goes off spontaneously. I think the car is called a 'Kia Rondo' in the states

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was away all this while.

Noise comes in different forms and if you can describe it clearly to make us understand where and what is causung it, we most probably has an answer for you.

Just a guess, seems the security system is acting up and just for clarification, does the vehicle self-arm when doors are closed or you have a remote to lock?

katu

January, 23, 2013 AT 9:43 AM

Hi - yes it sounds when I unlock the doors with the remote key. Lights flash and then one sharp buzz. However if I don't lock the car soon either manually or with the key the 'sharp buzz sound' will sound again and again intermittently. It does seem to have something to do with the locking mechanism

Are the power door locks working correctly?
Does the door ajar indicator flashes intermittently while driving?

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Alternator testing done right