TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE SHAFT CONNECTIONS

2005 Kia Amanti

mwdierks

August, 6, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

The center shaft assembly on the passenger side came out from the tranmission, when I removed the engine. I have tried to put it back in but it's about a 1/4 out so the mounting support won't match up. Any suggestion?

mhpautos

August, 7, 2011 AT 12:22 PM

Your torque converter has come out, you will have to align the splines and pump drive, best way is to support converter with one hand and gently spin and apply pressure this will normally align all shafts and it will pop back in, it may take a time just go gently and be patient.

mwdierks

August, 7, 2011 AT 1:56 PM

This is not the torque convert. I had the passenger side axle come out. I have matched the gears up and pushed it in but it's not going in all the way. There is a axle bearing/support that I can not get to its mount on the back of the motor.

mhpautos

August, 7, 2011 AT 2:04 PM

Take the bracket off the engine and tap it back over the bearing, there should be a large clip to hold the bearing in, have not seen one for a while just working on memory.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Replace Drive Shaft U-Joint Like a Pro
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service