2005 Jeep Wrangler Wrangler transmission in limp mode

DAVID SHEP68
  • 2005 JEEP WRANGLER
The vehicle started with a slipping feeling, then the chk engine light came on. The car went to 2 shops and had a battery installed and a tps installed and a second shop replaced the ignition switch. Now it is with me and I am #3. The codes are 0700,0122,0891,0562, tps volt high relay vol low and tcm sys failure. I am wanting to open the pan and go for pressure solenoid check. I have cleared the codes and they return. Removed all the exterior sensor clips and have got it shifting under easy acceleration. The light comes on immediately after moving and it is in 1st gear limp mode when it doesn't work. Waiting to try with cool fluid tomarrow. Any ideas?
Saturday, August 16th, 2014 AT 6:11 PM

Have you checked the trans control relay and wiring? The low battery voltage code could be the result of the control relay open or high resistance or control relay to PCM high resistance or open. Since the light comes on right away, my guess is there is either a wiring issue between the PCM and control relay or the relay itself.

At this point, nothing is pointing me in the direction of the pressure solenoid. Can I ask why you feel that is a suspect?
Saturday, August 16th, 2014 AT 6:24 PM
DAVID SHEP68
Hi thanks for your reply.
The relay has been replaced and the wiring harness checked
I am assuming it has to be internal and all the voltage codes are a result of some type of internal failure. The jeep has low miles and it isnt common for a harness to fail. I am a back yard mechanic and I have 4 transmission jobs here 3 to swap and this jeep. I dont think it is a total loss cuz it does shift. So far I can only check it while the engine temp has been at 210. I will check it in the morning when its cold but it should act the same as it had been in other shops and stii is doing bad. I just havent had it when cold yet. I want to check the filter and any selenoids I can see there. I wish it had a vaccume shift modual but its all electronic so I can only trouble shoot
+1
Saturday, August 16th, 2014 AT 6:40 PM
CJ MEDEVAC II
ARE WE JUST SORTA WINGING THIS?

I HATE AUTOMATICS- TOO COMPLICATED TO DIAGNOSE AND FIX- 'SPECIALLY THIS NEW STUFF!

HOWEVER, YOU ARE A JEEP GUY AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE ONLY AND BEST-US HELP I CAN. HERE IT IS

JACOBANDNICKOLAS CAN EZily 'SPLAIN ANY OF THE COMPUTER RELATED QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT COME UP WITH!

IN THIS, GO TO THE SECOND SECTION ON THIS PAGE, ENTER YOUR INFO ('O5 AND TJ UNLIMITED) THE NEXT SECTION WILL HAVE THE CHAPTERS OF WHAT YOU MAY NEED (THERE ARE 2 TRANNY SECTIONS- ONE INCLUDES AUTOMATIC) AS FAR AS CODES, SURELY YOU CAN FIND A SECTION PERTAINING TO THEM (MAYBE EVEN A TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION)

'MEMBER THE SLOGAN?

"JEEP WROTE THE BOOK ON FOUR WHEEL DRIVE"

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm

THESE ARE THE "REAL" FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS

NOT "SECONDS"

YOU WILL NEED THIS AGAIN, IN THE FUTURE, FOR 'NUTHER PROBLEMS. BETTER SAVE IT TO "FAVORITES"

I SELDOM HAVE A NEED TO LOOK UP THE NEW STUFF, I'VE HAD THE 1979 PAPER AMC JEEP FACTORY VERSION FOR OVER 30 YEARS. THIS DOES MAKE IT EZ IF I AIN'T GOT IT WITH ME WHILE ASSISTING A CJer

LET US KNOW IF THIS HELPS

-1
Saturday, August 16th, 2014 AT 7:02 PM