I REPLACED THE OUTER LF CV BOOT AND HAD TO ...

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

jphilipd

I replaced the outer LF CV boot, and had to disconnect the sensor on the hub [and reconnect]. My display now shows "service 4wd system' & "service electric brake system". The 4wd works, but the ABS doesn't. A guy at Autozone read the codes and I thought they were fixed, but it didn't work. Everything worked fine before. What should I do now?

Docfixit

Have rechecked sensor for debris and or damage. What are codes?

2CarPros Mike

January, 30, 2013 AT 1:23 AM

Via email from jphilipd

I did clean and re-attach the sensor wire after the info was displayed. The code is C100A. Do I need a new wire with the contact, or try cleaning again, or what?

After viewing the sensor and wire assembly on line, I think that I may have broken it off in the hub [poor light and cold weather up here]. I will check if again and if that's the case, I'll have to figure out how it remove the broken segment without damaging the hub connection. Any ideas?
Thanks for your response.

Docfixit

Code is for circuit fault check pins on sensor sometimes they get bent when unpluged and repluged

Docfixit

February, 9, 2013 AT 6:01 PM

OK sensor broken off and piece still in hub right? Did it brake below mounting tang?

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement