MY CAR STARTED OVERHEATING YESTERDAY AND WENT ...

2005 Hyundai Accent

mauricegregory911@gmail.com

February, 11, 2013 AT 12:58 PM

My car started overheating yesterday and went all the way into the red on the meter. My radiator hose came undone and was steaming from the hood. I checked all and noticed I have no water/coolant in the backup, low oil, and no water in the radiator what so ever. I noticed there is a redish water on the drive side floorboard. After adding water to the radiator, I noticed the water was more visible on the floorboard. I haven't tried to start the car or drive it since. What could be the reason for it overheating after adding water, oil and such? And where could the water be coming from?

caradiodoc

February, 11, 2013 AT 1:12 PM

Coolant on the passenger side of the floor is a common sign of a leaking heater core. If the car came with air conditioning, that coolant will usually drip out of the drain pan tube on the passenger side of the firewall, under the hood.

mauricegregory911@gmail.com

February, 11, 2013 AT 2:39 PM

My stepdad just came by and checked on the car. The coolant I put in yesterday is leaking on the driver side. How much is that to fix? The piece online is 89.96

caradiodoc

February, 11, 2013 AT 2:52 PM

I assumed the heater core is leaking based on your comment about liquid on the floor. I don't have any idea what part you're referring to but if it's broken, the diagnosis is done.

We don't get involved with costs here because there's way too many variables.

Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte