I HAVE A 2005 HONDA CIVIC EX WITH A D17A2 ENGINE

2005 Honda Civic

niknok1469

November, 11, 2012 AT 11:39 PM

I have a 2005 honda civic ex with a D17A2 engine. The problem is the D on drive is blinking and the check engine light is on and DTC is P2770 it say the torque converter for clutch is high, how can I repair this problem? Many thanks.

November, 12, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

DTC P2770: Open in Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve Circuit
2004-2005 Model

NOTE: Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
This code is caused by an electrical circuit problem and cannot be caused by a mechanical problem in the transmission.

Turn the ignition switch OFF.
Disconnect PCM connector A (31P).

Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal A23 and body ground, and between terminal A24 and body ground. Is there continuity?

YES - Go to step 4.
NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminals A23, A24, and ground (G101), or repair poor ground (G101).

Disconnect PCM connector C (22P).
Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Measure the voltage between PCM connector terminals C2 and A23 or A24. Is there voltage?

YES - Repair short to power in the wire between PCM connector terminal C2 and torque converter clutch solenoid valve.
NO - Go to step 7.

Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Measure the resistance between PCM connector terminals C2 and A23 or A24. Is there 12 - 25 Ohms?

YES - Check for loose terminal fit, and repair if necessary. Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good PCM, replace the original PCM.
NO - Go to step 9.

Disconnect torque converter clutch solenoid valve connector (2P).

Measure the resistance between torque converter clutch solenoid valve connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2. Is there 12 - 25 Ohms?

YES - Go to step 11.
NO - Replace torque converter clutch solenoid valve.

Check for continuity between torque converter clutch solenoid valve connector terminal No. 1 and body ground. Is there continuity?

YES - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminal C2 and torque converter clutch solenoid valve.
NO - Repair open in the wire between torque converter clutch solenoid valve and ground (G101), or repair poor ground (G101).

niknok1469

November, 12, 2012 AT 12:17 AM

Where I can find the PCM connector? Thanks.

November, 12, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

At the pcm. Under the right side of dash or at the left front kick panel.