I HAVE A 2005 HONDA ACCORD V6

2005 Honda Accord

amir200022000

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

I have a 2005 Honda accord V6. I recently had my timing belt changed at 103K. 2 weeks after changing the timing belt, I see oil leak. Dealership says that it comes from back main seal of the engine. Is that possible that the dealership damaged it when changing the timing belt so that I can use their warranty. It didnt have any oil leak at the time they changed the timing belt.

Thank you

Wrenchtech

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:46 PM

It's unlikely that they damaged it but it's a little negligent on their part not to recommend replacing those seals while they had the timing belt off.

amir200022000

December, 19, 2012 AT 6:12 PM

Thanx for your reply.
But it didnt have any oil leak at all before changing the timing belt. I had it checked at two different dealerships before taking the car to this one.
Is it possible that they were careless when doing the timing belt and damaged it accidentally, (like by lifting the engine, etc)

Thank you

amir200022000

December, 19, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

The same day that they did the work on t-belt, They also changed some o-rings for the power steering pump as it was noisy due to some air in the lines, Is it possible that when doing that repair, they do some damage to the back main seal of the engine. I did some research on the internet and apparently for some of these services they need to lift up a little bit the engine or transmission which can cause this problem.

Thank you very much for your time

Wrenchtech

December, 19, 2012 AT 7:25 PM

If you're talking about the REAR main seal, there is no way they were anywhere near it.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue