2004 DOME LIGHT

2005 Honda Accord

username2

December, 27, 2010 AT 7:03 PM

I have a Honda Accord 2005, 4-cyl, 4-door, map lights (moonroof). The left most map light went out recently when car is opened. You can manually turn it on and off. I replaced the bulb. Worked once or twice, no longer works. Right one still works when car door is opened. What could be wrong with the one on the left? (Note: dealership recently had to replace a fuse for the external power in the dash/console as it no longer worked).

Check the door switch.

username2

Hello, KHLow2008, thank you for the response. Can you provide further details - where would I find the door switch?

Thanks!

username2

Never mind, I found a video online that describes where/how. Thank yoU!

Have you fixed the problem?

username2

January, 4, 2011 AT 12:27 AM

Hi again,
It seems to have fixed itself. No explanation. I did locate the door switch as you suggested and pressed on the covering just to see. After that I noticed the light did work when I opened the door. Not sure if it was just a loose connection perhaps, that fixed itself when I was investigating the switch?

There is a possibility the switch was stuck in off position and manually pressing the switch made it turn on again.

Remove the switch and check for signs of rust. That would cause intermittent malfunctionings.

username2

Thank very much much!

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

michaelmiles10

August, 11, 2012 AT 2:33 PM

I have exactly the same problem as originally described by the first poster. However, the mechanic said that the drivers side light has a problem with the ground connection. When he puts a screw driver between the light connector and the assembly he is able to turn the light on and off. He doesn't think it has anything to do with the door switch. Any ideas regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement