VZ check power train

LILILIL
  • 2005 HOLDEN COMMODORE
Hi VZ V6 commodore check powertrain comes on -reduced power, goes off by itself runs normally. Had service 3weeks ago. But warning light had gone off. Didnt find any problem. Whats the go, could it be the fuel filter
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 12:24 AM

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis, finding out what's going on.
+3
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 4:33 AM
MHPAUTOS
I would get a dealer to do a scan with a TECH 1 scanner rater than a generic scanner for this problem, the tech 1 will give a lot more info, if you have to get a local work shop, to do the scan, ensure that they have a top of the range scanner or they may not pick up the fault.
+3
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 12:33 PM
BROWNIEBROWN
Hi my Vz Commodore overheated going to work and as it did my Check PowerTrain light came on is this a big problem will l still be able to use my car as it didn't seem to make difference when l was driving just that engine sign with lightning bolt came up any info would be great Regards Mark
+1
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 AT 4:18 AM
MHPAUTOS
Would not drive it to far, I would get the codes out of the ECU and post them here, it will shut down if it is a real problem or go into limp mode, the over heating will do more damage and has more than likely set all this in motion.
+4
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 AT 5:06 AM
BROWNIEBROWN
Thanks for advice its hard situation being lm a 1 income family and need my car to travel 30kms to and back from work so financially lm stuffed if this is expensive to get fixed was hoping easy cheap fix but by sounds its going to be expensive?
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 AT 7:55 AM
MHPAUTOS
No way of knowing until it has been diagnosed fully, sorry just can't say.
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 AT 2:22 PM