I HAVE A 2005 GMC ENVOY AND A WHILE AGO ALL OF ...

2005 GMC Envoy

svkb

October, 25, 2012 AT 6:16 PM

I have a 2005 GMC envoy and a while ago all of the lights started pulsing very quickly and the voltmeter would rise very high and fall back down to 14 volts. I replaced the alternator with a new one and had no change. I did test the voltage and the voltage seems to be between 14.2 and 14.5 volts.
Also at idle the blower fan works fine but as soon as the rpm rise over 1,000 the fan cuts in and out on an inconsistant basis. The cruise control also shuts off on its own. The fan cutting out and the cruise cutting out match each other, when the fan is working so is the cruise control.

Recently the service brakes/ABS light has come on.

Are these problems related? Any ideas.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

cadieman

October, 25, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

This sounds like u have a vacuum leak some where. Check all the vacuum hoses for leaks. If u cant find it get some carb. Spray with the car idling spray all the hoses down. When u hear the engine idle go up thats where the leak is. Does the fan stop or does it start blowing from the defroster?