SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM FRONT

2005 GMC Envoy

2CarPros-Archives

January, 11, 2011 AT 12:32 AM

2005 GMC Envoy Mileage 29,000. I have a squeaking sound coming from the front of the car. And my brakes are making noises already? I thought brakes lasted longer. What do you think.

2CarPros-Archives

January, 11, 2011 AT 12:38 AM

It sounds like the front brakes are due for at least a check for brake pad wear. It is important to always have noises checked out before major repairs are necessary because you let something simple turn into a very expensive repair. It could be that you are low on power steering fluid. Have a mechanic inspect your vehicle to make sure.

dave's big backyard!

January, 11, 2011 AT 12:53 AM

If the pads have been replaced recently you might not have used good enough pads, when replacing break pads you want to make sure they have a backing plate on them it stops the noise.P.S front end might need lubed, if noise changes when hitting the breaks then thats what it is for sure, the breaks

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front