2005 GMC ENVOY SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM FRONT

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 2005 GMC Envoy
  • automatic

2005 GMC Envoy Mileage 29,000. I have a squeaking sound coming from the front of the car. And my brakes are making noises already? I thought brakes lasted longer. What do you think.

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 AT 12:32 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

It sounds like the front brakes are due for at least a check for brake pad wear. It is important to always have noises checked out before major repairs are necessary because you let something simple turn into a very expensive repair. It could be that you are low on power steering fluid. Have a mechanic inspect your vehicle to make sure.

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 AT 12:38 AM
  • dave's big backyard!
  • 264 posts

If the pads have been replaced recently you might not have used good enough pads, when replacing break pads you want to make sure they have a backing plate on them it stops the noise.P.S front end might need lubed, if noise changes when hitting the breaks then thats what it is for sure, the breaks

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 AT 12:53 AM