GMC Envoy 2005 brake prob.

DKH
  • 2005 GMC ENVOY
Sister had brakes replaced by a hack 1 year ago. Only replaced driver side? Passenger side wore out to nothing and chewed up the rotor like I have never seen before! I replaced the rotor, caliper and pads, all new as well as the driver side pads. I cannot get pressure on the passenger side now, despite how many times I pump and bleed. I am getting some fluid and some pressure on the driver side but relatively nothing on the new setup on the passenger side front. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
-dk
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 9:34 PM

WRENCHTECH
Look at the caliper and tell me if the bleeder screw is above the line connection or below.
+1
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 10:55 PM
DKH
It is below the line connection. I am getting fluid pumped out while bleeding but the pads are not making contact with the rotor and as far as I can tell, the
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 6:39 AM
DKH
It is below the line connection. I am getting fluid pumped out while bleeding but the pads are not making contact with the rotor and as far as I can tell, the majority of the braking is on the rear wheels. Pedal is still limp despite how many times it is bled.
Thanks, dkh
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 6:42 AM
WRENCHTECH
That's your problem.
You have a LEFT side caliper on the right side. The bleeder HAS to be at the top or it will trap air. That caliper is made for the other side.
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 11:16 AM
DKH
I was mistaken, the bleeder is above the line connection and the fluid is pumping through, I even pulled the line connection removed from caliper and still received pressure. The calipers, when attached, are just not pushing the pads to the rotor. Was working before "repair" but now nothing. Possible master cylinder problem? If so, why would it coincidentally have just gone bad during the process? I am going to check it now. Just wondering if there is anything else I may have missed inspecting. -Thanks
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 1:04 PM
WRENCHTECH
That often happens because during the bleeding process you extend the master piston further than it usually travels and sometimes into rust and corrosion that damages the seal.
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 1:57 PM