OXYGEN SENSOR LOCATION

• tamishiv
  • 2005 Ford Taurus

My vehicle is running rough, so I ran a diagnostic test the code that failed read PO174 ( Base 2 Sensor 1) Could you please tell me where Bank 2 is located and which one is Senor 1? Please Help! Could you please post an engine diagram of Bank 2 Sensor 1? Thank you so much for your help!

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 11:33 AM

• djcl
  • 786 posts

Which engine do you have

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 11:48 AM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

3.0 l radiator side in manifold

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 11:57 AM
  • Wrenchtech

Don't have high expectations that replacing that sensor will resolve your issues. That is a lean code and highly unlikely caused by a defective sensor.

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 12:18 PM
  • tamishiv

What else do you think it could be? I will tell you what it is doing, When it is idling the car will vibrate, makes a sputtering sound, and has low acceleration speed.

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 4:42 PM
  • Wrenchtech

The code merely indicates that the sensor is reporting a lean mixture. It's rarely the sensor to blame but things need to be tested to find out. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks anywhere or leaks in the intake snorkel.

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 5:01 PM
  • tamishiv

My vehicle just recently had to have the A/C Compressor fixed and the Serpentine Belt replaced, Do you think something might not be connected right? Because the mechanic said they had to remove a lot of things to get to the A/C Compressor. Just started to have these issues after those things got replaced. Or do you have have other ideas on what could be wrong?

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 6:31 PM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

I would recommend testing the o2 sensors ability to read rich and lean running conditions. To test it you will need a scanner or a scope. This is something that might be best done @ a diag shop.

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 AT 1:55 AM