You don't need to lift the engine to replace the water pump. Here are the directions from the manual. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2005 Ford Truck Freestyle 2WD V6-3.0L VIN 1
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Water Pump Service and Repair Procedures
Removal and Installation
1. Drain the cooling system.
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
3. Disconnect the thermostat housing to bypass tube hose and position aside.
To install, tighten to 5 Nm (44 inch lbs.).
4. Remove the 2 thermostat housing bolts and position aside the thermostat housing.
Discard the O-ring seal.
To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
5. Disconnect the coolant pump hose and position aside.
6. CAUTION: The center coolant pump uses a sealing washer and must be replaced whenever the bolt is removed.
Remove the 4 coolant pump bolts and the coolant pump.
To install, tighten in the following sequence:
Tighten the coolant pump center bolt to 4 Nm (35 inch lbs.).
Loosely install the 3 coolant pump outer bolts.
Tighten the coolant pump center bolt to 25 Nm (18 ft. Lbs.).
Tighten the 3 coolant pump outer bolts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Install a new sealing washer on the center coolant pump bolt.
Install a new O-ring seal on the thermostat housing and lubricate with clean engine coolant.
8. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 AT 8:24 PM