DRAGGING SOUND UNDER MY CAR

2005 Ford Focus

rdhoran1975

June, 24, 2012 AT 3:11 PM

I have a 2005 Ford Focus. Yesterday I noticed that there was a grinding sound (like something is dragging under the left front tire) but is nothing under my car. It makes the sound when I first brake, but it goes away after I drive the car for awhile. I have noticed alot of a black dusty substance on the left front tire.

June, 24, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

Sounds like your brakes need immediate attention as they may be hitting the rotor from being worn out

rdhoran1975

June, 26, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

Dear Roy. Well it is not my brakes. My friend had it jacked up and the brakes and rotors were good. Now I don't know if it from having the left side jacked up but now I can drive it over 15 miles an hour because it shakes really bad and the right side front side I hear a bad grinding and clicking sound and the right side tire vibrates like it is going to fall off. I don't think it is the CV joint.

June, 26, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

Sounds like a bad hub bearing.

rdhoran1975

June, 27, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

Dear Roy. I also thought it was the wheel bearing on the right side. So my coworker husband came over to look at my car. He jacked up the right side and shook the tire and at front he thought the same thing (the wheel bearing), after taking a second look he noticed that all five lug nuts were severely loose. After he tightened them up all the noises and grinding and the vibration were good. Apparently my friend who first looked at my brake forgot an important part (tightening the lug nuts). Thanks for your advice.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX