MIXED FLUIDS

2005 Ford Explorer

bersyl671

I have a ford sportstrac and I was going to fill the coolant in the resovior but I noticed that the color is PINK. I recently changed the transmission and the trans intercooler. And only the radiator not yet. What do you think is the problem of the pink color. My regular motor oil is ok. Thanks.

Its mixing with transmission fluid-the transmission cooler is leaking internally

Some coolant are colored and it can range from green blue or pink. At the radiator neck, is there any signs of oil contaminations?

If the punk is clear, then it is the color of the coolant used. If the pink is milky, you could have oil based substances in the cooling syatem. Check the transmission fluid, if it is milky as well, you most probably has a leak in the transmission fluid system, which has cooler/heater core in the radiator.

bersyl671

Thank you and so what should I do change the radiator

If transmission fluid is contaminated with coolant, you need to at least replace the cooler inside the radiator and also flush the transmission.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Replace Muffler