• Tiny
  • 1988alm
  • 2005 Ford Expedition
  • 68,000 miles

My car was broken into and they punched out the key hold in the drivers door handle. How do I replace that? It is something I can do? Whats the part called? Its a 2005 Ford expedition. I get in and out with the alarm box, however There is a hole in the drivers handle and I want it replaced for resale.

Also will I have a different key now for the door? Since it will no longer match the ignition?

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 10:39 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • rivermikerat
  • Expert
  • 6,174 posts

Lock cylinder. Yes, easily replaceable. Remove the door panel. Held in by a friction/compression keeper. The least expensive route gives you separate keys. If you have a locksmith re-key it, you can have one key.

Was this
Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 10:58 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions