2005 Dodge Stratus Engine

KLINKENBORG
  • 2005 DODGE STRATUS
Engine cranks but won't start, there is no connection on the fuel rail to check pressure however when it's disconnected I do get plenty of fuel, there is spark(at least coming from the wires), cam sensor was already replaced, car won't fire with starting fluid(just have it a small "sniff" of the stuff to see if it fired).I did notice that I get no vacuum at the throttle body, kinda oscilates between negative and positive pressure, I was told the car just does going down the road(trying to fix this car for a relative who really really needs this car to find a job), my next step was going to be to pull the spark plugs check their condition and do a compression check, any pointers from there on what to check next or now would be great thanks
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 7:03 AM

Check for cam timing out of time. The relative probably isn't giving the whole story. And make sure to check fuel pressure with a gauge, a pro will probably have to do it.
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 7:33 AM
KLINKENBORG
Do you mean checking to see if the belt jumped a tooth, as far as fuel pressure goes I can check it I just have to get a new pressure gauge(mine was "borrowed"). But to give a guess when I disconeccted the line it had a few psi behind it
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 7:42 AM
Fuel pressure must be 58+-5 psi key on. Also try resetting security system if no manual look online. Also check compression. Yes see if cam is in time if all compression is low like 75-90 psi all cylinders it may be a timing issue.
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 7:57 AM
KLINKENBORG
10-4, I will make the appropriate checks with your suggestions, thank you so much for helping me look in the right direction
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 8:46 AM
KLINKENBORG
Broken timing belt, I found the timing marks but unsure which direction they need to be pointed for a dohc
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 12:40 PM
This engine is a valve bender meaning it's an interference motor so you may have bent some valves because belt broke. So once you get the belt on check compression, you might luck out. Also when you get a belt get it in a kit, it includes new tensioner, water pump and pulleys. I've included most of instructions. Have fun
+1
Friday, November 27th, 2015 AT 12:53 PM