DOME LIGHT ISSUES WHEN PUSHING TO TURN ON BUT WORKS WITH ALL FUNTIONS (IE: ROLL DIAL UP AND OPEN DOORS).

• Apurcaro
  • 2005 DODGE RAM

Dome lights will not work when pushing them to go on. But when I roll the dial up the work. They also work when I unarm the alarm and open the doors.

Thursday, October 6th, 2011 AT 4:15 PM

• Fixitmr

Did you check all your fuses? Maybe it's a bad switch?

Thursday, October 6th, 2011 AT 4:27 PM
  • Apurcaro

Fuses are all good. The lights turn on with the rolling dial/switch. When there on from opening the door etc and I push one of the map switches they turn off. When the lights are off and I go to push one of the switches they will not turn on. Funny thing is, the vanity mirror lights do not work either.

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 5:00 PM
  • Fixitmr

If possible you should test vanity mirror light for hot. It should have constant hot if it turns on when flipped open? Or do you have a button for that too?

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 AT 8:09 PM
  • Apurcaro

Thanks will check vanity hot. It operates when flipped open no button. Do you think that may be causing the map lights/dome light not to work?

Friday, November 4th, 2011 AT 5:49 PM
  • Apurcaro

Took vanity mirror off and pulled wires through headliner. Found wire to be split and shortting out. Taped up wires and everything works like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 5:31 PM