HOW DO I REMOVE COOLANT LINE FROM RADIATOR

• wizzap
  • 2005 Dodge Neon

I posted this yesterday but sorta posted it wrong and only got a couple responses so im teposting the correct way so more people may see it my question is how do I get this transmissaon cooler line unhooked thanks

hope you guys can help sorry for the kinda double post

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

• djcl
  • 786 posts

The plastics collar pops off and there is a tool with a sleeve that's slips in to release the line why are you removing the line?

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 10:33 PM
  • wizzap

The trans cooler broke inside the radiator and flooded my radiator with fluid so im changeing the radiator. I got the caps off how do I get the clip off the line dont think a screw driver will work

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 10:50 PM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

If you see an external clip on the nut you can use a pick to slip it out. If you can't see the clip you will need a special tool to remove the line.

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 10:58 PM
  • wizzap

I see a clip but they really isnt a nut ill try to get you a better pic is this the tool your refering to just in case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TQ6P40?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 11:02 PM
  • wizzap

Here is another pic they are hard to take. I can see a clip I tried to pick it a bit but it dosnt have much play

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 11:13 PM