PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAN BE WRONG.

2005 Dodge Neon

justextacy

August, 10, 2012 AT 3:51 PM

My car is making a clunking/thunking noise when driving on bumpy roads, dips, or speed bumps. When I go over a speed bump a little bit, it feels like my tire is rubbing. It is my front end in a 2005 dodge neon Se. The car has been modified when I bought it. It's lowered with low profile 17" tires. It is getting worse. I hit a pothole bout 3 months ago. I hit so hard, I had to replace both tires, front & back driver side. It bent my rims. Please tell me what could be wrong & is there a possibility that the pothole broke something? Thanks.

August, 10, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

Have the suspension linkages and bushes checked. Something is worn or loose and without any inspection, it is impossibile to know what is wrong.

August, 10, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

I GOTTA '95 (I HATE TO DRIVE IT, IT'S JUST OUR SPARE CAR) I'VE TALKED TO MANY OTHERS WITH THE SAME AND NEARBY YEAR NEONS

THE REAR STRUTS HAVE HAD IT---IT'S TOLERABLE TO DRIVE IF NEED-BE. IT IS. JUST SOMETHING TO DRIVE WHEN WORKING ON ONE OF THE "REAL ONES"

LIKE YOU SAID, MINE ONLY PIZZES THE RIDERS OFF ON BUMPS

YOURS MIGHT BE SALVAGEABLE, IF YOU RETURN IT BACK TO ORIGINAL, OTHERWISE YOU MUST DRIVE SLOW AND "GIVE IN" TO THE LIMITATIONS THAT THIS "NOT SO WONDERFUL" MODIFICATIONS HAVE AFFORDED YOU. WATCH THEM RAILROAD TRACKS! OR THE SQUIRREL IN THE ROAD THAT WILL TOTAL OUT YOUR FRONT END!

THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT "LIL RED" 7 YEARS AGO WAS IT DID DRIVE WELL/ LOOKED REALLY GOOD/ ABOUT 60,000 MILES/ OFFERED AND OBTAINED IT FOR $250 BUCKS. AND YET, IT STILL GETS 30 MPG!

YOU CAN SORTA SEE WHY--THE ONLY TIME I MIGHT SPEND MONEY ON IT IS IF IT IS NEEDED TO MAKE IT RUN. THUS FAR, THE REAR STRUTS HAVE NOT AFFECTED DRIVING, AND I JUST CAN'T JUSTIFY $55-$173 FOR EACH REAR STRUT (INSTALLING MYSELF)

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE "LOWERED PART?"I'D JACK NEON UP TWO FEET. IF I WANTED TO SPEND THE $$$ TO DO SO!

I JUST SORTA WANNA LIFT MY LEG AND SLIDE STRAIGHT ONTO THE SEAT ON MY RIGS

MY PINON OF THIS DEAL IS: GETTING INTO WHAT IS BASICALLY.A SUNKEN BATHTUB, EVERY TIME I WANNA TRAVEL SOMEWHERE. NOT TO MENTION THE "LUNGE", IN ORDER TO GET BACK ON YOUR FEET WHEN YOU FINISH THE "BATHING EXPERIENCE"

NOPE. GIMME A "REAL JEEP" ANY DAY!

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars