Remove fender

CAMORTI
  • 2005 DODGE DAKOTA
How do you remove a left front fender from a Dodge Dakota?
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 7:16 PM

KEN
There are several bolts that need removed. First, disconnect the battery. Open the hood and remove the bolts along the top of the fender, remove the headlight assembly and the bolts behind there. Next, remove the inner fender and you will see where it is bolted there. Finally, check for supports that are attached. I also believe there is a bolt that is between the door and the wheel well. You will need to craw under the vehicle to see it.

Here are some diagrams that will help you see what needs to be done to remove the fender.

Please let me know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken
+2
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 4:58 PM
MARYA
  • 1989 DODGE DAKOTA
1989 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170k miles

I have a part on the passangersfront fender. This part has three hoses running to it and twobars that also run threw it. It is plastic about a 5x5x1/8 but the bars in it are about 1/2 " thick. Can anyone tell me what this part is and or a part number? Thank you!
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 4:58 PM (Merged)
IMPALASS
Hello -

To better assist you is your model just the Dakota, or the S, or the Shelby or the Sport? Also your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.
MARYA
It is a 1989 Dodge Dakota Sport six cylinderthe 8th number is an "x"
IMPALASS
Hello -

Thanks for the update.......

I understand it is a 6 cylinder.....however it is important I know the size in liter. That is usually located on a sticker under the hood. It should be either a 2.5L or 3.0L or even a 3.9L.

For now I am giving you what I think you are talking about for a 2.5L engine.

My best guess is your vapor canister. I have attached a pic.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_1_172.jpg

I don't show a part number in the manual I have.

The best way to check is to go to the part department at the dealer and have them pull it up and then you can verify by the pic if that is what you are looking for.

Many times there is a part number on the part itself........with a strong light you may be able to see that.

Bring your entire VIN number into the parts department as they may need other numbers from it.
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 4:59 PM (Merged)
IMPALASS
Hello -

Also, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recalls_26.jpg

MARYA
Thank you for the picture. The truck is a 3.9 l. The part I am talking about is the one on the oppisite side of your arrow. Do you know what that one is called? Thank You!
IMPALASS
Hello -

Thanks for the info

I have attached the info for the 3.9L. The red arrow is now pointing to the Purge Solenoid.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_39L_1.jpg

Now I do show a part number of 5227635 for that for about $34.00. I would still suggest talking to the dealer parts department and make sure that is correct. They may have a change etc.

For that price...I would go with the dealer part myself......that way you know if fits and is exactly the one for your car.

Hope that helps.