A/C NOT WORKING

2005 Dodge Caravan

omegadog

June, 27, 2013 AT 4:14 PM

My 2005 Dodge Caravan A/C is not cooling I put some refrigerant in with no results. There's a clicking sound off and on coming from the unit. The fan is blowing hot air. Need some advice on solving this problem.

seangrant00

June, 27, 2013 AT 4:16 PM

If you put too much refrigerant in the system it will shut itself off. Watch the compressor and the clutch. After you turn on the A/C, watch to see if the clutch continues to spin or shuts back off. This is the click you are hearing.

omegadog

June, 27, 2013 AT 5:46 PM

Are you saying I put too much refrigerant in, if so, will that keep the system from cooling? I believe the compressor is turning, but the system isn't cooling. What do I need to do?

seangrant00

June, 27, 2013 AT 6:14 PM

Yes, overcharging a system can cause it not to work. You can check a couple other things too that could cause this.

Check the expansion valve, fuses for the A/C, leaks anywhere on the lines or A/C system, clogged condenser.

omegadog

June, 27, 2013 AT 6:23 PM

Where is the expansion valve located? I would think the fuses are ok, since the fan is working and the A/C will come on, i'll check all the suggestions you mentioned.

omegadog

June, 27, 2013 AT 6:44 PM

Thanks you have been a great help in diagnosing my problem.

Goodbye,
Omegadog

seangrant00

June, 27, 2013 AT 7:57 PM

Your very welcome.

Sean

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement