WINDSHIELD WASHER PROBLEMS

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

artanne

December, 3, 2011 AT 10:00 PM

We cannot get the windshield washer to work. We tested the pump and it works, we replaced the switch on the steering column but cannot get fluid to the washer. Any suggestions? Any wiring problem? How can we check this?

caradiodoc

December, 3, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

You gotta love the insane engineers who can't build anything without involving an unnecessary, unreliable, expensive computer to do things computers were never needed for before. In your case, suspect the Body Computer. It performs a lot of the gimmicks people demand in new cars today, and it is involved with the wipers and washers. It was a very high-failure item in the '96 and newer redesigned minivans. Before that Chrysler had very little computer trouble, especially compared to a few other manufacturers, but now those computers are responsible for the largest percentage of electrical problems.

Some people install an inexpensive switch to run the washer but you will lose the wipers taking three swipes automatically when you press the "new" washer button. Years ago pressing the washer switch mechanically turned on the wiper switch, then you had to turn the wipers back off yourself. The system was way too simple and reliable so they had to find a solution to make it more complicated. And they wonder why I refuse to give up my '88 Grand Caravan!

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera