2005 Chrysler Town and Country Lights and other electrical

JEN-LYNN
  • 2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
  • 180 MILES
My dash started smoking and all my lights came on and gauges went flat then we replaced brunt wires because it happened after I used my car lighter. But now all the exterior lights stay on all the time they shut off eventually after my van is turned off. Also when my car is off and I step on the brake the radio comes on. My left side sliding door will not lock or unlock I have to do it manually also when I push the button to open the right sliding door it does not work. The left side has always been that way since I had it and the right stopped working awhile ago but everything else happened all together. I think I've covered everything. I took it into a mechanic and they said I need a new electrical harness and will cost around $1000. To fix which is outrageous and something I really cant afford and dont know if its worth it considering it has over 180,000 miles and I really cant afford a newer car.
Friday, June 5th, 2015 AT 3:35 PM

I feel your mechanic is right. It sounds like you have several shorts causing power to go to all the wrong places or not work at all. As far as the cost, it's a big job.
Friday, June 5th, 2015 AT 7:53 PM

Sponsored links