MY CAR IS WELL MAINTAINED

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Anonymous

February, 18, 2013 AT 10:42 PM

My car is well maintained. Got a brand new battery in October. Several weeks ago my interior lights (odometer, radio clock, etc, ) and then the headlights were flickering a bit. Took it to dealer. They said it was a battery cable issue and they fixed it for $500. Two weeks latter car stalled out at Target parking lot, on it way out, the radio switched to CD and started flipping though the cd changer, and all the warning lights came on. Waited a bit, it started again, had it towed to dealer, who said it was a battery issue. They said the battery took 45 min. To charge. Took it back to Sears next day, Sears said battery was fine. Today it stalled three times exactly as it did last week (switching from radio to CD and changing CDs as it dies all lightscoming on) It started again enough to hobble back to Sears. They are checking it right now.

caradiodoc

February, 19, 2013 AT 1:14 AM

Have the alternator tested and look at the under-hood fuse box. There are nuts that work loose that attach the smaller positive battery cable and possibly the large alternator fuse. Doesn't sound like a battery problem.

CD Changer Step by Step Replacement Guide
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation