Top radiator hose outlet broke. Do I have to replace entire radiator?

DEVILFAN9500
  • 2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA

My to radiator Hose popped off of the outlet on the radiator I later discovered that the plastic outlet on the radiator was broken completely around the lip. I reattached the hos to the stub thats left to get it home and parked it. Do I have to replace the entire radiator for this part or is there something I can do to replace just that outlet? PLease help money is super tight and really can't afford entire radiator.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

KHLOW2008

Check with radiator repair shops for top tank replacemtn. That is the minimum you need to do but for some models the complete assy has to be replaced, depending on the design and manufacturer.

The next best course of action would be to get one from the junkyard.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 6:02 AM
CAR4424

The main reason the hose comes off is the motor mounts are bad and the engine rocks back and forth, in your case it probably broke the neck after a while. Google it this is a regular problem

Monday, July 17th, 2017 AT 8:28 AM
2CARPROS KEN

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site :)

Cheers, Ken

Monday, July 17th, 2017 AT 6:57 PM

Related Radiator Radiator Hose Replace/Remove Content

Recommended guides