• Tiny
  • dakijg
  • 2005 Chrysler 300
  • V8
  • 2WD
  • automatic
  • 185,000 miles

What part of the front door hinge shouldbe replaced on my 2005 Chrysler 300C that makes a strong "cracking" noise when I open or close the door?

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 1:23 AM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • caradiodoc
  • Expert
  • 25,257 posts

That's called the "door check" and is usually located between the hinges. It typically held onto the door with two nuts sticking out where you can see them, and a pin on the "A" pillar.

Use some "Spray White Lube" from the Chrysler parts department. It's a lithium-based grease with a juicy liquid. The liquid travels into places and takes the grease with it. Eventually the liquid evaporates and leaves the grease behind.

Was this
Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 6:46 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions