AIR CONDITIONER BLOWS 100 DEG AIR ON MAX AC.

• Mpatten
  • 2005 CHEVROLET UPLANDER

Suction pressure-30 psi with 50 deg ambient
head pressure-150 psi

AC control Module?
no low presure switch?

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

• Rivermikerat

Do the AC lines under the hood get cold with the system turned on to max cool? Could be a bad orifice valve.

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 8:41 PM
  • Mpatten

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, the AC lines are cool. I would assume a bad orifice tube would give me warm air but also an abnormal high head pressure. I am only getting a 150 psi head pressure.

I am measuring 100 deg. F at the register. It feels like there is only heat. There is no temperature control. I did not measure the back registers to see if the same condition exists.

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 10:55 AM
  • Rivermikerat

By "there is no temperature control" I presume that you mean you have no control over the temperature. Remove the control panel assembly from the dash and follow the cable from the temperature control to the airbox. Make sure it is connected. Make sure it moves the actuator outside the airbox. Also, listen for the blend doors moving. Check all vacuum lines and wiring to the airbox and control panel.

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 5:26 PM