WHERE IS THE AUTOMATIC IGNITION INTERLOCK SYSTEM

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer

kmelquist

March, 22, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

Ok so I have full power and my shift indicator reads 3rd gear truck wont start acts like in gear. I cannot even shift into any gear and it is stuck in park. I think it is a neutral safety switch or automatic ingintion interlock. Where do I locate these and how to replace?

Shift Lock

Shift Lock

March, 22, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Its the shift interlock solenoid you're looking for-its Inside steering column

kmelquist

March, 28, 2012 AT 3:50 PM

It will not shift out of park. The display on the instrument cluster reads that the vehicle is in reverse or switches to 3 gear spot when the vehicle is clearly in park. It also will not let me start it but I have full power to everything Already Tried: stepping on the brake turning the key until all the lights on the dash went on and then start engine and tried to shift out of park. Disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting, trying to start and shift. Rocking car back and forth.

March, 28, 2012 AT 4:45 PM

Check and test the brake switch and also the shiftlock solenoid

kmelquist

March, 28, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

Ok got vehicle running I pulled center counsel and exposed the shift base and I found what I think is the shiftlock solenoid. I can press on the shift lock and get vehicle to shift but I shift back all the way to park and it reads reverse but vehicle is in park running. If I pull all the way back slam it up indicator reads park and works fine? Is it shiftlock soleniod or something else

March, 28, 2012 AT 7:13 PM

Try adjusting the gear linkage-investigate

kmelquist

March, 28, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

Thank you so much can the linkage be adjusted

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy