THE DETAILS ARE IN THE DETAILS FEILD

2005 Chevrolet Optra

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 12:20 PM

HiI have an Optra-Forenza-Lacetti, 2005, 1600cc
Lately I've made some repairs to the AC system that included replacement of the following:
Dryer, High pressure valve (plugged inside the compressor)
High pressure pipeline

Now what happens is:
At low fan speeds (1, 2) the systems freezes up. After 30 mnts of driving poor airflow + high temp in the cabin.
At high fan speeds (3, 4) everything is just find except that I suffer a very cold air hitting my face (colder than what I'm used to get b4)

What I do to solve this is turn the compressor off till the ice melts down then turn it back on

Thanks a lot for your help

Dryer Accumulator

Reciever Dryer

September, 24, 2012 AT 12:37 PM

The thermosensor circuit is not working correctly and this resullts in the cooling coil icing up. Recheck the thermosensor location and installation. Try turning the temperature to a higher setting.

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 1:26 PM

Thank you
Can you please explain what you mean by the thermosensor?
Do you mean the low pressure switch? Or just the temp controller switch?

One more thing, setting the temp to high doesn't prevent icing up on low fan speeds.

September, 24, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

Not the switch. It is the sensor tht has its base plugged in between the cooling coil fins. That is teh temperature control sensor, usually called the thermostat.

How high did you set the temperature? If setting does not help, you might need to replace the thermosensor or check if it is bad and not sensing correctly.

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

Thank you very much, I referred to the service manual of the car which I normally use in such cases and found out that my AC system doesn't include such thermosensor

September, 24, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

There must be a sensor to sense the temperature of the cooling air for temperature control.

In this vehicle I believe is called the inside air temperature sensor.

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 5:32 PM

I will recheck and get back to you.
Thank you vey much

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 5:46 PM

It's not there sir, I am positive
the system depends on the low pressure transducer and tge high prissure switch attached to the compressor only. No thermistate at all
I can attach an image to prove that. But it seems that my AC system is not the one in ur mind

thank you

September, 24, 2012 AT 5:56 PM

Is your system manual or automatic HVAC?

essamshawky

September, 24, 2012 AT 6:08 PM

Manual

September, 24, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

Ok, this system uses the heater for temperature controls and attached are the procedures for diagnostics.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement