I don't know what they are charging you for. This truck uses Passlock and there is no chip in the key so you may have a problem with the sensor in the ignition switch if you are getting a flashing security light.
Try doing a relearn
PASSLOCK 10 MINUTE RELEARN
Time required, approximately 10 minutes:
1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.
Monday, February 25th, 2013 AT 4:33 PM