BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
2005 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
How to replace rear wheel bearing on a 2005 chevy equinox?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 AT 2:11 PM
Wheel Bearing/Hub Replacement - Rear
1. Remove the rear brake drum.
2. On vehicles with all-wheel drive, remove the wheel drive shaft spindle nut.
3. Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector, if equipped.
4. Important: Do not damage the wheel drive shaft joint seal.
Support the wheel drive shaft with heavy mechanic's wire, or equivalent.
5. Remove the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts.
6. Remove the wheel bearing/hub assembly from the suspension knuckle.
1. Install the wheel bearing/hub assembly to the steering knuckle.
2. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts.
* Tighten the bolts to 84 Nm (62 ft. Lbs.).
3. On all-wheel drive vehicles, install the wheel drive shaft spindle nut.
O Tighten the nut to 125 Nm (92 ft. Lbs.).
4. If equipped, route the wheel speed sensor electrical harness through the backing plate and seat the grommet.
5. Connect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
6. Install the rear brake drum.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 AT 4:36 PM
to post a reply.
Related Wheel Bearing Replace/Remove Questions
2005 Chevy Equinox Front Wheel Bearing Assy Will Not...
Drive Train Axles Bearings Problem 2005 Chevy Equinox 6 Cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 122630 Miles How Do You Press The Front Wheel...
Where Is The Location For Adding The Transmission Fluid For A 2005 Chevy Equinox
2005 Chevy Equinox Possible 2005 Equinox Awd Problems
Shakes Or Wobbles Problem 2005 Chevy Equinox 6 Cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 Miles Once I Hit 50 Mph My Equinox Instantly Starts...
2005 Chevy Equinox Wheel Bearing
Drive Train Axles Bearings Problem 2005 Chevy Equinox 6 Cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 Miles I Drive A 05 Chevy Equinox Lt Awd...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.