Wheel Bearing/Hub Replacement - Rear
1. Remove the rear brake drum.
2. On vehicles with all-wheel drive, remove the wheel drive shaft spindle nut.
3. Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector, if equipped.
4. Important: Do not damage the wheel drive shaft joint seal.
Support the wheel drive shaft with heavy mechanic's wire, or equivalent.
5. Remove the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts.
6. Remove the wheel bearing/hub assembly from the suspension knuckle.
1. Install the wheel bearing/hub assembly to the steering knuckle.
2. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts.
* Tighten the bolts to 84 Nm (62 ft. Lbs.).
3. On all-wheel drive vehicles, install the wheel drive shaft spindle nut.
O Tighten the nut to 125 Nm (92 ft. Lbs.).
4. If equipped, route the wheel speed sensor electrical harness through the backing plate and seat the grommet.
5. Connect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
6. Install the rear brake drum.
Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 AT 4:36 PM