I HAVE THIS 2005 AVEO THE GUY AT THE REILYS AUTO...

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

karen52

December, 23, 2012 AT 6:54 AM

I have this 2005 aveo the guy at the reily's auto part store told me I have a crack where is my question when I put in the coolant he said theres a crack where to a themstat housing plastic or mental I do not know and how much will this cost?

Wiring Issue?

fixitmr

December, 23, 2012 AT 7:21 AM

If you have a crack in thermostat housing that should not be expensive to fix depending on what you consider expensive. I just had to repair a leak at my housing but it was just the gasket that seals it down. 15 min and $2 dollars for gasket and I was done.

fixitmr

December, 23, 2012 AT 7:36 AM

Yours is likely plastic so there's a good chance it is cracked. Very common for many cars with plastic 1's. You can a new 1 made out of metal for about the same price as a new plastic. I would do that. I see prices on net of about $30 for it. Sop add labor and stuff and you are probably under $75 to get it done depending on shop and area you are in.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Coolant Drain and Refill
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata