FRONT SEATBELT REPLACEMENT

2005 Cadillac SRX

xdaro79x

January, 17, 2012 AT 2:54 AM

My airbags deployed and I have those replaced already but I never replaced set belts that are mounted in the seat. How in the hell you do that?

rivermikerat

January, 17, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

Why do you want to replace them?

xdaro79x

January, 17, 2012 AT 3:37 AM

I think I stated that in the qustion, when airbags deploy usually seat belt pretensioners have to be sent out to be reset or replaced

rivermikerat

January, 17, 2012 AT 4:21 AM

That's never been my experience. But, every seatbelt I've seen (that wasn't a racing harness) has been attached to the body either with a hex bolt (3/4 or 7/8 inch) or a Torx-head bolt (usually either T-45 or T-50). The shoulder strap is behind the plastic body trim. Normally, you'll have to remove the door sill plate first.

xdaro79x

January, 17, 2012 AT 4:34 AM

Rivermikerat, I do know what tools to use but I do not know how to take the seat belt out of the seat. It's not mounted on the side body, it's inside the seat !

rivermikerat

January, 17, 2012 AT 5:27 AM

You'll need to remove the plastic trim on the edge of the seat.

rivermikerat

January, 17, 2012 AT 5:30 AM

I've never played with one of these cars. You may need to remove the seat completely, just to be able to remove the plastic trim.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon