WHY IS THE DISPLAY SAY SPEED LIMITED TO 80 MPH

2005 Cadillac SRX

bannisterr

March, 20, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

On my display on the DIC display when I put the vehicle into drive a display comes up with speed limited to 80 mph and I was wondering what this means and after test driving you cannot go over 80 mph. It does say in the owners manual that there might be suspension problems and to turn the vehicle into a dealer to diagnose. If I can do this myself would be great.

March, 21, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Have the computer scanned for code/s if any present post them -who knows could be a problem with the vehicle speed sensor

bannisterr

March, 22, 2012 AT 1:04 PM

On my 2005 Cadillac SRX I did find out what the fault codes were and I have a C0691 - Damper Control Relay circuit range performance, C0594 - Rt Rear solenoid motor acuator circuit open, C0589 - Lf Rear solwnoid motor acuator circuit open, C0584 Rt Front solenoid motor actuator circuit open and C0579 Left Front solenoid motor actuator circuit open. It seems like the Damper control relay is the circuit that controls all of the solenoids and I am curious to where it is located since the owners manual doesn't identify it. Where ould it be located?

March, 22, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

The damper control relay is within the Suspension Control Module In right rear quarterpanel, behind trim panel.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3