REAR SUSPENSION

2005 Cadillac Deville

tedludwig

December, 17, 2010 AT 4:21 AM

Car is riding too low in back end. What do I check?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 20, 2010 AT 10:54 PM

Do you have the air ride system?

tedludwig

December, 21, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

Thanks. Yes, I used to hear the pump motor run after starting the engine. I have checked the Automatic Level Control Compressor, Exhaust fuse and the Automatic Level Control Compressor relay and both were good. I don't know where else to go from there.
Thanks,
Ted

Jacobandnickolas

December, 21, 2010 AT 6:42 PM

There has to be a leak in one of the air shocks or line. Have you checked them?

tedludwig

December, 21, 2010 AT 6:47 PM

No I did not check for leaks because I thought the pump motor would constantly run if the system was leaking. Does it automatically shut down if the system has a leak?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 22, 2010 AT 1:15 PM

One would think because that would make sense. However, the pump may have burned up as a result.

tedludwig

December, 25, 2010 AT 12:21 AM

Got it. Thanks. Can you please tell me where the pump is located and what to check to determine if it is still good? So many fellow drivers are flashing their bright lights at me since the pump quit working. Bums me out to blind on-coming traffic. I may have to adjust the headlights if I can't get this pump thing figured out. Thanks for your advice and insight.
Ted

Jacobandnickolas

December, 26, 2010 AT 7:27 AM

Under the hood. Here is a schematic and the location of the rear sensor assembly

tedludwig

December, 26, 2010 AT 4:27 PM

Thank you for all the help.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 27, 2010 AT 2:11 AM

Glad to help. I just hope it actually gets you to the problem. Let me know how things work out or if you need additional information. I plan to be here for a long time, so I'll get back to you.

Take care and happy new year!

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars