I HAVE A WITH 123,000 MILES BASE MODEL

2000 Cadillac Deville

dstonen

August, 10, 2012 AT 3:54 PM

I am haveing strut cocerns when I go to all 4 corners of my car an do a bouce test the car will continue to bounce on every corner car rides good on road only when I hit humps like speed bumps is when I notice the vicious bounce or when I have 4 people in the car poor handleing I went to go buy stuts all the way around car an the sale person said that he thought it was a spring problem I do notice a very small differance in hieght the rear is a little low when car is emty please help I am confused now 123,000 miles base deville, what confuses me is how with so few miles can all 4 shock struts be bad? BUT CAR RIDES GREAT ON THE ROAD ONLY PROBLEM IS GOING OVER HUMPS AN SPEED BUMPS: -) THANKS: -)

August, 10, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

12 years old, 123k. Recommended change time is 50k.

Springs hold a car up and shocks stabalize it. Price out a good set of struts and shocks. You will be pleased with the result.

cadieman

August, 11, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

Do you have level ride/? U would see the light on the dash when it operates.

dstonen

August, 11, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

Never saw level ride since I had car only here compression pump or compressor come on. The service air bag light came on today. Compressor comes on now an then not often?

dstonen

August, 11, 2012 AT 1:27 AM

I also order the front struts today.

dstonen

August, 11, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

Hello I never got an answer for my last two questions or responses. Thanks

dstonen

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:40 AM

Hey no one ever got back to me on my last response mabey im textin to late or something?

dstonen

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:43 AM

My air bag light keeps coming on an going off its been off for one whole day now, could this b because of the shocks/struts?

August, 13, 2012 AT 1:14 PM

Air bag is a separate system. Have the code pulled and get back to us.

As far as the last post, compressor will only run when the rear level is low. Otherwisw, it will maintain height for reas only.

dstonen

August, 13, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

The other guy asked me did I have level ride an I dont think I do, but I was wondering why he asked me that an was there going to be some kind of follow up question to that? The air bag light never came back on since my last text an its still not on at this point I thought that the air shocks were also reffered as air bags! Anyhow, thanks MUCH!

cadieman

August, 14, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

Check the rear struts for air lines going to them and if you see air bags on the struts.

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Upper Control Arm Replacement